Serious personal injuries or death can result from maritime accidents, offshore accidents and river accidents or collisions. If you are a seaman who was injured on a commercial vessel or in an offshore accident, or if you lost a loved one due to a work-related injury, call us at (888) 844-9406 or contact us online. We welcome the opportunity to talk to you about your case in a free consultation.
We handle all types of maritime injury cases throughout the Gulf Coast. Retaining our services is an important step that you can take to ensure that your rights are protected.
Common Offshore Accidents
The maritime industry exposes offshore workers to a variety of hazards, including:
- Explosions and Fires: Improperly stored fuel, combustible fumes in closed engine compartments, ruptured tanks, and well blowouts are among the possible causes of fires and explosions. These fires can spread quickly.
- Deck Accidents: Wet stairs, slippery catwalks, unsecured ladders and falling objects, swinging cables, and unsecured cargo frequently cause deck accidents, which can be deadly if there are no protective rails.
- Equipment Failures: These can occur when cable lines snap, cranes fail, and watertight doors are left unsecured. In some cases, the accident may be caused by manufacturing defect or by negligent maintenance.
- Jack-Up Rig Accidents: Blowouts on offshore jack-up rigs can cause explosions. Corroded ring gaskets can result in gas leaks and loss of well control. If not properly stability, they can capsize.
- Commercial Fishing Boats: Fingers and limbs can be caught in nets and other equipment, and sharp fishing tools can lead to amputations, disfigurement, and permanent disability.
Free Consultations and 24/7 Availability
The firm offers 24/7 emergency service and flexible appointments to meet your needs. If you are unable to travel, our attorney can come to you. The consultation is free, and all cases are handled on a contingency basis. This means you pay nothing unless you get compensation. Call (888) 844-9406 or send an email.